Our Assembly of Delegates General Meeting takes place over 2 days during the World Congress of Dermatology, which is held every 4 years.
Representatives from our Member and Affiliated Member Societies will work together on governance matters, including:
- Elect new Board Directors
- Vote on the location of the next World Congress of Dermatology
- Approve the President and Secretary-General of the next World Congress of Dermatology
Who can attend
Our Member and Affiliated Member Societies can nominate Delegates to attend and vote on their behalf.
Observer Societies and non-Member organisations may each nominate 1 representative to observe. Approval will be given by the Board based on available space. Observers cannot vote but can speak at the General Meeting with the consent of the ILDS President.
Number of Delegates
- Affiliated Member Societies are entitled to 1 Delegate each
- Member Societies are entitled to a number of Delegates, based on how many 'fee-paying' members they have and the number of Member Societies within each country.
100 and under ('fee-paying' members (per country))
101-250 ('fee-paying' members (per country))
251-500 ('fee-paying' members (per country))
501-1000 ('fee-paying' members (per country))
More than 1000 ('fee-paying' members (per country))
4 Delegates plus an additional Delegate for every additional 1000 'fee-paying' members
If there are multiple Member Societies within a country then the following rules are applied:
- Each Member Society shall be entitled to nominate 1 Delegate, except when:
- This would cause the maximum number of Delegates for the Member Societies in that country to exceed the country limits specified above. In that instance, the Delegates for that country should be agreed between the Member Societies in that country
- Each Member Society in a country has nominated a Delegate but the country is entitled to further Delegates. In that instance, the additional Delegates should be agreed between the Member Societies in that country
- If the Member Societies cannot agree on how to allocate Delegates to send, the ILDS Board of Directors will make the decision, which is final and binding.
- Delegates will only be accepted from Member Societies that have paid their ILDS Membership fees for that year.